Associates at the Marysville Vehicle Plant (MAP) heralded the return of the iconic Integra to the Acura lineup with the start out of mass creation of the upcoming-technology 2023 Acura Integra sport compact. Honda has constructed Acura types in The usa considering the fact that 1995, but this is the 1st time the Integra has been created in the U.S¹.
With the addition of the Integra, the Acura lineup at the moment attributes five distinct types – also such as the TLX sport sedan, the RDX and MDX sport-utility cars, and the electrified NSX Form S, all built in Ohio.
“We are very pleased the Marysville Auto Plant has been decided on as the unique world-wide output dwelling for the 2023 Acura Integra that will perform a key job in attracting the future technology of driving lovers to the Acura model,” stated Arjun Jayaraman, plant direct at MAP. “The point that we develop all Acura autos in Ohio speaks to our expert workforce and highlights the assurance Honda has in our associates to construct the top quality cars and mild vehicles our customers adore. And as a previous operator of a 1990 Integra, I know the enjoyment this motor vehicle offers and the finish end result of our associates’ initiatives is an extremely enjoyment-to-travel future era Acura product or service.”
The 2023 Integra returns a single of the brand’s most iconic nameplates to the Acura lineup, offering a top quality, exhilarating driving knowledge and a modern liftback style and design to a new technology of fanatic motorists. A premium sport compact impressed by the fun-to-generate spirit of former Integras, the 2023 product will arrive at dealers beginning in early June with a starting up price of $30,800, to turn out to be the new efficiency gateway of the Acura brand.
As the only five-door liftback in the top quality activity compact segment, Integra gives smooth style though benefitting from the prolonged cargo overall flexibility enabled by the liftback bodystyle. The new Integra is driven by a superior-output, 200 horsepower turbocharged motor, designed at the Anna Motor Plant in Ohio, paired with possibly a segment-exclusive 6-velocity manual or a repeatedly variable transmission (CVT). Integra’s extremely-rigid system framework and sport-tuned chassis are tuned for an exhilarating driving knowledge.
As with just about every Acura model, Integra positive aspects from Acura’s Innovative Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) physique construction, which is made for enhanced crash compatibility involving motor vehicles of various sizes, these kinds of as an SUV and a modest automobile, and occupant security in angled frontal collisions. A new higher A-pillar framework, side body and reduced firewall structure are all engineered to route crash power close to the cabin, somewhat than through it.
Manufacturing the 2023 Acura Integra Sport Compact
The Marysville Vehicle Plant is the exceptional world wide producer of the up coming-generation 2023 Acura Integra. Integra is generated on the similar line as the Acura TLX activity sedan at the Marysville Car Plant. MAP associates leveraged their four a long time of knowledge to get on various new difficulties to establish the allnew 2023 Acura Integra. This incorporated new production systems and procedures.
- Associates overcame a selection of difficulties related to the COVID pandemic to get ready the Integra for mass generation. This included users of the new design staff operating remotely and the lack of ability of MAP associates to travel to Japan to collaborate onsite with the R&D group. The output staff overcame these problems by utilizing video clip resources in the plant to livestream trial creation and collaborating remotely on design improvements and processes that now make it much easier for associates to make Integra with the large amount of high quality prospects be expecting from an Acura products.
- MAP has founded a new interactive affiliate teaching course of action starting with Integra – using a digital instructing process. The teaching helps make the associate common with the product or service, their generation approach and forms of equipment wanted for their position in advance of they see the precise product.
- The modern, fastback styling of the Acura Integra liftback is a lot distinctive than the vertical tailgate for the Honda CR-V, also developed at MAP. The structure of the Integra liftback demanded new gear or procedures in the weld, paint and assembly regions.
- MAP is an marketplace leader in the software of laser-brazing engineering to be part of the roof to the human body facet panels for a seamless exterior appearance and an even stronger vehicle physique. For Integra, the elegant, flat roof style created a new problem compared to other solutions with laser brazed roofs (Acura TLX, Honda Accord). MAP’s weld associates applied their knowledge with dual beam laser technological innovation to triumph over the problems and fulfil the Integra styling specifications.
- Honda installed completely new instrument panel production machines at MAP to produce the tender and seamless instrument panel that will deliver Integra prospects with a sporty and individual cabin. The new method heats and stretches the content masking the instrument panel to produce a clean and seamless visual appeal.
- Honda’s Anna Engine Plant in Anna, Ohio builds the VTEC®-enhanced DOHC 1.5-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder engine generating 200 horsepower and 192 lb.-ft. of torque.